Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Welcome Evelyn Elizabeth!

After having contractions all day Monday that I was convinced would go away (I even worked all day!), we finally decided it was time to call Peter's parents to make the drive to Houston. They got to our house about 9pm, and an hour later I decided it was time to go to the hospital. I was still convinced they would send me home again, but they checked me and I was dilated 5cm so they said I was staying! I was so relieved. They wheeled me from the evaluation room to my real room and got me settled, but I didn't feel like I was there very long - probably less than an hour - before things progressed. With Juliet, she was born so fast I didn't have time for an epidural, so I was trying that again this time. There came a point where I really wished I had pain meds, but it was too late by then! Evelyn was born at 1:35am after just a few pushes, my biggest baby yet. She weighed 7lbs 10oz and was 20" long. She has super dark hair and eyes that look like they will stay blue. She is beautiful!









No comments:

Post a Comment