Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Nickname?

We haven't been using any nicknames for this baby besides Baby Mikke, nothing that's stuck around, anyway. We all felt so comfortable calling my nephew Charlie "JB" while he was in utero, I thought for sure we'd have a name for this baby, too! Maybe because we can't feel it moving around in there yet (though I do think I've felt it a couple times!!). Well, in my pregnancy email today it said the baby weighs 3-4 ounces, about a quarter of a pound. So Peter's been calling it Quarter Pounder. QP for short. Maybe this one will stick!

4 comments:

  1. Just a head's up about the "Mikke" nickname. We called Madeline "Baby Kali" (short for "Kalisvaart") and people honestly though that was what we were going to name her... Kali Kalisvaart... including Jon's parents at one point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh -- 3-4 ounces. It seems like after 16-weeks (s)he should be bigger than that. I love QP (reminds me of *cupi* as in cupi doll).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I LOVE your bump! Meg took pictures (and still does) often of her tummy and to me that's such a beautiful part of your pregnancy, among many other things. Thanks for sharing and letting me in on your blog. I look forward to several more months of knowing how you, Peter, and QP/Baby Mikke are doing. Yeah for the new addition to the Mikkelson family!

    ReplyDelete